Designed to suit
Our experienced design consultants will provide a custom solution to fit your individual needs. We brainstorm with our suppliers to provide a space tailored to your project. McDonald Modular will recommend interior and exterior floor plans utilizing quality components and materials in line with our customer’s budget and timeline.
Design meets need
Our modular office specialists can create a customized space from existing floorplans. Knock down or add walls, add or remove windows, specialize doors such as beautiful entrance ways including glass entry, reconfigure electrical, additional conference rooms, spacious ADA restrooms and more.
Where available space is an issue we have created multi-level units tailored to the needs of business.
Energy efficient portable office
Jobsite integrity can be challenging particularly construction jobsites, where excavation, debris, materials and noise contribute to a negative work environment.
Mobile offices provide contractors with a sustainable cost and energy efficient solution.
Here are a few customizations made to a construction jobsite mobile office that will save energy and keep overhead costs down:
- Switch out light bulbs. Change all the light bulbs to low wattage, compact fluorescent or LED versions. Updating the light fixtures to eco-friendly models helps save energy, too.
- Seal holes and cracks. Inspect the office for cracks where air can leak out — pay special attention to the roof, windows and door frames. Use weatherstripping or a sealant on cracks. Energy-efficient window replacements may be installed, as well.
- Keep out the sun. Apply solar film or install solar shades to reduce UV glare and indoor temperature. In turn, cooling costs will decrease.
- Apply solar-reflective paint. Another way to ward off heat and cool down the interior is to coat the trailer’s siding and skirting with solar-reflective paint.
- Use low-flow fixtures. For construction trailers with bathroom and kitchen facilities, install low-flow toilets, faucets and appliances to reduce water consumption.
Put these energy-saving ideas into practice and you’ll notice a difference in your utility bill. Supplement the efforts put into creating an energy-efficient construction trailer by recycling old, unused materials.